Monday, June 8, 2009

Sesame Street

Last night I was dealing with my usual insomnia at 3 in the morning and trying to come up with sitcom ideas. To find inspiration, I began to view a Feist video on youtube called "Gatekeeper". After being enraptured with Leslie's voice and the smooth tone of her guest bugle player's horn, I came across to a link of Leslie Feist performing "1,2,3,4" on Sesame Street. I thought *This is a must see! Two of my favorite things in the world; Muppets from my childhood and Leslie Feist!*

I took a gander at the footage and I realized how many stars have wondered into the Sesame Street Universe. Notable persons such as Buzz Aldrin, Julia Roberts, and Stevie Wonder. Even the modern heroes in entertainment and beyond such as Natalie Portman, Beyonce, and Tina Fey have made appearances on the show.

I realized that when a person has truly "made it" in whatever industry and their star quality permeates throughout the country, they will eventually become a guest star on Sesame Street. Hanging out with Big Bird, helping Elmo cross the street, and eating cookies at a feverish pace with the Cookie Monster is something that should be taken as a credit to one's work. It's a plus to be on the cover of Forbes Magazine, or being asked to throw out the first pitch at Wrigley Field, but being honored with having your visage immortalized for a television institution that has been shaping children since 1969 is something in itself.

2 comments: